Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I got a 5 too!

I have to grade students in art. I have a 3 part grading system based on Behavior/Conduct, Artwork/Work Habits, and Attendance. The main grade I put on artwork each week is a 1-5 behavior score. After passing back artwork today in a 2nd grade class I listened to the children's reactions to their grades. "5 means exccellent!", "Oh, I got a 5 too." They were so excited to have the feedback on their work. They were proud of the work they had created and invested not only in the art process, but also in the behaviors that they exhibited in order to create this artwork.

2 Comments:

Blogger SuzannaWright said...

What do you mean by behavior?

6:39 PM  
Blogger SuzannaWright said...

p.s. I am an aspiring art educator and I am enjoying your blog :)

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home